Welcome to the Teeside Pension Fund
Before Joining
In Membership
When Leaving
Member Login
News /
Tax /

Co-habiting Partners

Did you know that your cohabiting partner could be eligible to receive survivor benefits in the event of your death?

Before any benefits are paid to a cohabiting partner the following conditions must have applied for at least 2 years.

• You and your nominated co-habiting partner must be free to marry each other or enter into a civil partnership.

• You must have been living together as if you were husband and wife, or civil partners

• Neither of you have been living with someone else as if you/they were husband and wife or civil partners

• Either your co-habiting partner is financially dependent on you or you are financially interdependent on each other.

Although it is not a requirement within the scheme rules, you may wish to nominate your cohabiting partner, this will let us know your situation should anything happen to you.

Download the Nominated Co-habiting Partner Form