Can I change my bank details?

If you want to change your personal details, you can do so by filling in an address change form or change of bank details form and returning it to us either by post or by scanning it and sending it to our email address (address and email address can be found at the bottom of this page). Or, you can log into ‘My Pension Online‘ and change your details through the online system.

Eligible Cohabiting Partner

An eligible cohabiting partner is a partner you are living with who, at the date of your death, has met all of the following conditions for a continuous period of at least 2 years:

  • you and your cohabiting partner are, and have been, free to marry each other or enter into a civil partnership with each other, and
  • you and your cohabiting partner have been living together as if you were a married couple, or civil partners, and
  • neither you or your cohabiting partner have been living with someone else as if you/they were a married couple or civil partners, and
  • either your cohabiting partner is, and has been, financially dependent on you or you are, and have been, financially interdependent on each other.

Your partner is financially dependent on you if you have the highest income. Financially interdependent means that you rely on your joint finances to support your standard of living. It doesn't mean that you need to be contributing equally. For example, if your partner's income is a lot more than yours, he or she may pay the mortgage and most of the bills, and you may pay for the weekly shopping.

On your death, a survivor's pension would be paid to your cohabiting partner if:

  • all of the above criteria apply at the date of your death, and
  • your cohabiting partner satisfies your pension fund that the above conditions had been met for a continuous period of at least 2 years immediately prior to your death.

You are not required to complete a form to nominate a cohabiting partner for entitlement to a cohabiting partner's pension. However, you can provide your pension fund administrator with your cohabiting partner's details the form can be found here

You have to paid into the LGPS on or after 1 April 2008 for a pension to be payable to your eligible cohabiting partner.